-->

Pages

Monday, April 06, 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

Hey Peeps!

So, Meghan nominated me for a blog award last year (thanks a lot, Meghan!), and now I'm finally getting round to posting it.

Here goes:

Rules:



  • Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post.
  • Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right clicking, saving, and uploading the image.) 
  • Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created. 
  • Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL.)  
  •  For this award, you must nominate 15 bloggers. You can't just go "I nominate this blog whoever wants it comment below" like that. You can decline the award also if you do not want to do the above rules.  
  • See the original rules  HERE.


This is what it looks like:

How/Why I started my blog:
I started my blog because I needed a creative outlet.
I'd had many blogs in the past, but had quickly bored of them, mainly because I was afraid to go "out there" and do a blog only really containing completely random bits of my life, instead of stuff about dolls, or silly stories I made up as a kid.
I started my first blog when I was about 6. It was because I'd always had an interest in writing, and showing other people my creations.
My mum was getting into the whole blogging world at the time as well, so she helped me to set up my first one.
I deleted it some time ago, and don't remember much of it, but I'll quickly tell you about some of the posts I remember writing on it.
One was about the Christmas story, or my interpretation of it. Accompanied by some rather silly looking drawings of Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, and animals that I drew in my completely random notebook. I remember being asked by my Mother why on earth I drew Mary lying at the bottom of a hay stack, with baby Jesus lying at her feet, completely naked.
Unfortunately, I don't think I still have the photo to show you, but I'll load it on if I ever find it again.
Please don't ask, I have no idea why I drew that picture.
Another one was about how annoying a certain sister of mine was. It was because of a stupid imaginary game she was playing with my other sister and my Mum at the time, and I was getting sick of her going on about it.
That was another really stupid post.
Oh yeah, and I found a pretty beatle once when I was seven. I posted a picture of it, and I think I still have it, hang on...

I became very attached to that beatle. I called it "Beady" because I thought it looked like a pretty bead. I remember being devastated when I dropped it, because I thought it was going to die.
I don't remember what happened to it now, actually.
Okay, that's enough of my weird blog stories now. If you'd like to hear more of them, leave it in the comments below and I might be persuaded to do a post on old memories like these, I'll see.

My advice to new bloggers
One of the best things you can do, is just be yourself.

Just because your best friend has a doll blog, it doesn't mean you have to have one too, if you're not into that sort of thing. Maybe you like cooking, or animals instead? 
Or maybe your life is too interesting and you decide to make a random blog with no particular theme.
Either way, your contribution to the blogging world is unique, just like you're a unique and one-of-a-kind person, and there's at least one person out there who really cares about you.

Oh yeah, and if you're having a bad blogging day, or run out of inspiration, take a rest!
Please don't feel like you have to keep posting just to please your followers. 
Girl, if you just post when you can, and about whatever you want and people follow you, those people love what you're doing, and they're not just gonna leave because you haven't had time or inspiration to post! 
(But if they do, trust me, they're not worth it, k?)
You will be more likely to lose followers if you're blogging every day, but not blogging about what you want to blog about. 
The things you love, your passions.
Or if you're doing that, but every post is nearly the same.
Say you had a fashion blog, and, every day without fail, you posted a picture of your outfit.
You know, you can only do so many variations of the same clothing pieces, and people get a little bored seeing a picture of what you wear every day.
Sure, it reflects your style, but they want to know more about you than what you felt like wearing to your best friend's house last weekend.
I can't speak for everyone, but that's just my opinion, and I really hope it helped.

Now for my nominations.
I will try not to nominate anyone who's already done this award before, but sometimes, it happens.
If you have already done it, I'm not going to make you do it again!

I nominate:
J

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you all have fun doing it!
Btw, I'm thinking of doing a Q&A next, what do you guys think? Please let me know if you'd be interested!
~Jessica
xox


3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this. XD Good post!

    A Q&A would be fun. :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination. Good information and advice in this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete